Monday, August 23, 2010

Know your Walt Disney World Resort area

During my recent stay to Disney’s Pop Century Resort, I was visiting in my own vehicle rather by my normal mode of transportation from the airport, the Magical Express Bus. Now I have been to the Walt Disney World Resort area many, many times, but typically by way of Magical Express Bus so I had never really paid attention to how we even got to the resort! (I was all too familiar, though, that when standing on the bus from the Magic Kingdom to the Pop Century, you were in it for the long haul!) I had observed that when in a park area, all of the Resorts that were located in that park area were noted on a Disney sign. I had wrongly thought that all of the Disney World Resorts were located in respect to a park, i.e. Animal Kingdom Lodge is located in the Animal Kingdom park area and so on. But when leaving EPCOT my first day, I realized I had no GPS and that I had a memory lapse as to which park area the Pop Century was located in according to Disney and their signage!


On a past stay to the Pop, my mom was the driver and we had debated that the Resort was located in the EPCOT park area (my guess) or the World Wide of Sports area (my mom’s guess). I really did not believe she was right because everyone knows that Disney only associates their Resorts with park areas, right? Needless to say, my mom loves to be right, so after getting lost on that vacation, she asked at the front desk. The look on her face was “magical” as she got the answer that the Pop Century Resort is in the Wide World of Sports area and listed on that area’s signage! Thanks mom for the tip on how to find the Pop Century Resort! For the rest of you, just remember to always find the Walt Disney World area that your Resort is associated with so you do not have to do any unnecessary Disney touring of their 25,000 acres!

No comments:

Post a Comment