Monday, August 30, 2010

Halloween Party Ready!

Last year I decided to travel to Walt Disney World specifically to attend the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.  I had never attended any of the Disney parties and was a bit apprehensive due to the extra costs involved with attending.  I had already purchased an annual pass for the first time that year and had gotten information from Disney about the party in the Mickey Monitor, the circular mailed to all Annual Passholders.  The podcasts and discussion boards had made me interested in attending this party.  Once I realized that annual passholders were given a discount for the party tickets, I decided that this year was the year to attend my first party!

On the day of our party, my son, Mom and I decided that a nap was in order before heading to the park for the late night.  When we got to the party, Main Street was so well decorated a lot of time taking in the decorations and photographing everything.  Since we had arrived late, we decided to go ahead and find our location for the parade.  We situated ourselves right outside of the Fire Hall.  The location was great in that there were not that many people blocking our view.  When the parade began, I quickly saw that I was not standing in the right place... the grand entrance of the Headless Horseman lasted only seconds from our vantage point and was quick to disappear with no decent photos!  Boo. (not the Halloween kind either)  When the actual parade floats got to our location and the music for the Mickey's "Boo-to-you" Halloween Parade began, I quickly forgot about my needed Headless Horseman photo and settled into singing the "Boo-to-you" song.  The parade is phenomenal.  I am definitely not a parade person and I wanted this particular parade to begin again as soon as it ended!  As for that "Boo-to-you" song, I still hum it while I work...



After seeing the parade, we watched the Happy HalloWishes fireworks display.  While I remember enjoying them, nothing about them have "sparked" my memory of anything of any interest.  Not to say that they were not great, I just cannot remember anything that stood out over the Wishes fireworks.

Now that we felt that we had done all of the scheduled entertainment offerings, we headed around the parks to the 13 Trick-or-Treat locations scattered all over the park.  These locations varied from a bucket manned by a cast member with loads of candy to elaborate sites where characters posed with guests and included a candy give away.  The path from Mickey's Toontown Fair to Tomorrowland was our favorite!  You need to travel there to see how cool this was;)

Before heading down this path, we spent some time waiting in a very long line to get our face painted.  During the party, the face painting is FREE!  There were several different designs available fitting for both boys and girls.  I personally chose this design:



My son decided on a pluto face painting.  After being painted, the paint takes a few minutes to dry.  During that few minutes, the paint slightly itches.  My son, being only 3, could no resist touching the paint and itching his face.  The fact that we were visiting the party in late September did not help either as it was still pretty hot.  Needless to say, his pluto look quickly looked like a puddle of colors instead of a playful dog. 

I have fondly remembered this Party and have already purchased the tickets to attend this year.  I am attending the Party this year.  I plan on getting a new spot to watch the fireworks for that wanted shot of the Headless Horseman.  I have been told that in front of the Hall of Presidents is a great location.  We will be going days before Halloween this year, hoping that the temperature will be more "Halloween-like".  Now, I only need to decide if I am going to wear a costume this year.  Any suggestions?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment