Friday, August 27, 2010

Annual Pass Promotion

As mentioned, I am thinking about going to Disney World in September.  To help me better make up my mind on this notion, I decided to take the time this morning to search room costs.  I have an annual pass (AP) that I renewed over the phone about a month ago.  I was told that I could pick this ticket up at will call in order to save the cost of shipping, $5.  I was also told that I was eligible to receive an extra 3 months on my AP renewal.   I knew my next trip would be in October 2010, and my renewal date was July 2010, so the three months was really a wash. However, I want to purchase my son, age 4, an annual pass too in October and this way our renewal dates will fall in the same month.  Perfect!  (Lord help my wallet!)

So when I went to Disneyworld.com and signed in the passholder portion of the website I was told that my AP had expired and must add in my new AP number to gain access.  Not having the pass, I decided to call ticketing at 407 566 4985 to see what could be done. I was told that I needed to have the pass in hand to update the passholder portion and gain the access I needed.  Further, she asked if I was aware that my AP needed to be used before August 31 in order to receive the 3 months extension!  I had not been told that when I renewed my AP a month ago, even after telling the cast member that I was excited about the extension and the approximate date of AP pickup!  This new cast member told me I should write to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com to see if I could be accommodated.  Fingers crossed!  I will let you know how this turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment